Friday, January 11, 2008
Friday random thoughts ...
• But when will they come over the hill? Rep. Jerry McNerney, D-Pleasanton, has secured federal funds for a public bus system between the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.
• Because you can't keep a conniving strategist down: Karl Rove, still plying his trade, still trying to sink the Democrats.
• Because you can't keep a councilwoman from trying to keep out the middle class riff-raff: Councilwoman Suzanne Tucker, for voting against a city program to give developers incentive to build more affordable housing. (The measure passed 3-1.)
• Someone had to state the obvious, because those knuckleheads sure weren't figuring it out themselves: President Bush, telling Israeli and Palestinian leaders that both sides will have to make concessions to reach a peace agreement.
• Since they've actually got a plan, maybe we should see if it works: Councilman Steve Abercrombie, mayoral candidate Celeste Garamendi, and local sports guy Karl Enzmann have laid out the rough skeleton for meeting local youth sports needs.
• Thank the snow gods by skiing! After quite the dry 2006-07, the Sierra snowpack is currently at about 110 percent of its to-date annual depth.