Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Life in the desk lane

I fully intended to brave the afternoon drizzle to catch Lance Armstrong and the Tour of California whiz past Tracy. But I was detained because of copy editing duties.

One of the pitfalls of being a copy editor is you don't get out as much as you'd like.

I often am asked why I wasn't at the Tuesday City Council meeting, even though I frequently editorialize about what is said at such meetings. The answer is that Tuesday night, along with Friday, is a print deadline night for the Press, so I'm all but chained to my desk in the newsroom. (DVD copies of those meetings, which I typicially get my meeting info from, are a godsend.)

On the plus side, if anyone ever needs to contact me on a Tuesday or Friday night, they know where I am.

No comments: