Friday, April 18, 2008

Friday random thoughts ...

• The European odyssey continues: My golf clubs are finally stateside, but my father's ... well, they're still having the time of their lives. Somewhere. Thanks to British Airways.

• No one declares we're defeated but us, dammit! Check out a report about Al-Qaida's newest press release.

• Maybe the time for holding back has passed: I can't help but think that more than a year after the Mike Ucci tragedy, the time had come for it to be a fully poignant teaching moment. Evidently the folks at West High don't agree.

• Vandalism vigilantes on the verge? With all the complaints about incivility (and outright lawlessness) on the Voice page, I wouldn't be surprised to hear of our very own vengeance mob. Not that I'm hoping for it.

• If you don't hug a tree, at least don't kick a plant: Celebrate Earth Day at Stockton's Victory Park on Sunday. Or don't, since driving from here to Stockton to recognize environmental awareness would kind of defeat the purpose.

• Calvin and Hobbes quote of the week: "I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul."

No comments: