This week, the Tracy Community Council of the United Way (full disclosure, I sit on the board) announced its grant award recipients for this year.
The recipients applied for and received the grants based on their work in the community, especially for their work with the poor, needy and underserved.
Without further ado, your winners are:
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Tracy
• Give Every Child a Chance
• Hospice of San Joaquin
• Manteca CAPS
• McHenry House Family Shelter
• Pregnency Resource Center of Tracy
• Second Harvest Food Bank
• Tracy Art League
• Tracy Free Clinic Inc.
• Tracy Interfaith Ministries
• Tracy Volunteer Caregivers
• Vinewood Center for Children and Families
• Women's Center of San Joaquin County
Please, a big round of applause. And consider supporting any and all of these outfits as the holiday giving season draws nearer.