Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Finally, a little bit of wet

For only the third time since June, Tracy saw rain.

We got 0.10 inches of rain between Monday night and Tuesday morning (I know, I checked the Tracy Press rain guage at 5:03 p.m.). With our mini-drought, of course, we need more.

Alas, ranting and raving about the need for rain won't do much good. Talking to the TUSD board about getting the proper name on the Tracy and West football fields, that a newspaper man can do. But who do you berate to get more showers? I have a feeling the Big Guy Upstairs doesn't appreciate demands from earth-bound desk jockeys.

So, I guess there's nothing to do but wait patiently, with the skis set firmly in the furthest reaches of my closet. Unless, that is, anyone knows a good rain dance.

No comments: