Note to readers: This edition of Random Thoughts goes out to Thursday's Democratic debate. Because what better fodder is there than presidential politics?
• So what's so great about the frontrunners? Look, I like Sen. Barack Obama and John Edwards, and Sen. Hillary Clinton's OK. But the others, Biden, Richardson, Kucinich, Dodd, were the stars of the debate.
• Someone's got a sense of humor. Wolf Blitzer: If you aren't nominated, will you support the Democratic nominee? Sen. Joe Biden: Hell no, I wouldn't support any of these guys.
• Ready for a shock? As far as actual issues go, Rep. Dennis Kucinich actually had the best showing Thursday night.
• So, who's Obama's jockey, and who's riding Edwards? I've become increasingly concerned that the post-debate analysis is really just a bunch of folks telling TV viewers who the "winner" was. I thought analysis was supposed to sift through the politikspeak and tell us who said what in everyday terms.
• (For all you Vince Vaughn fans) The five D's of debating: dodge, dip, duck, dive and dodge. Obama and Clinton both had their moments.
• If you thought this one was funny. Can't wait to see the Nov. 28 Republican debate.
• Calvin and Hobbes quote of the week: "You can tell this article's important because it's next to the graph."