Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday random thoughts...

• Those were the days: When late summer meant tomatoes being harvested and the Heinz Co. plant humming near Tracy High.

• Funny how perspectives change, isn't it? To most teenagers, this story of two grape harvesters run amok is probably a real side-splitter. To most adults reading the tale of punks gone wild, not so much.

• I'm so terrified I'll just sit here and do nothing: According to local economic gurus quoted here, I'm doing just the right thing for the current financial crisis.

• "Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself": It's pretty hard to justify this much bacon in an economic bailout bill.

• Guess I'll have to find some other presidential candidate to endorse: Mike McLellan, and his withdrawal from the race.

• Enjoy the evening for me. Please: While hundreds are strolling downtown Tracy, I'll be upstairs in the Tracy Press, well within earshot of the madness and music, making sure there's a Saturday paper.

1 comment:

Dr. Mike McLellan said...

Jon:
Thanks for the mention. I was hoping that John McCain would have asked me to be his VP, but instead he chose a governor from a large oil rich state. Do you think that a governor from a large oil rich state is capable of running the country? Wait, wait, George W...

All is not lost. I still have my jobs at The Press and the Grand Theatre.