Friday, September 28, 2007

Friday random thoughts...

• Before any angry city officials call me about my Friday column, I have this to say: If you were one of the few tackling homelessness and poverty issues head on, why are you coming after me? Your record will speak louder than I can.

• By the way, I wrote a column (which I can't find online to post for you) about the city's refusal to participate in the federal homeless count ealier this year, back in January. Maybe the city will change its tune and do something next time.

• Thanks to frequent Press contributor for blowing the lid off the failure of the 2006 bean festival — revealing that the Chamber of Commerce's didn't want to take the fall.

• Some folks have forgotten what it's like to be a kid. Or, maybe more accurately, they haven't forgotten.

This is what headlines look like when people are fighting for freedom.


• What's the point of the U.S. debt limit if Congress keeps raising it as soon as it comes into play? I wish I could do that with my bank: "My credit card is maxed out. Give me more credit so I can rack up debt I don't intend to pay back." Yeah, that'd go over real well.

• Calvin and Hobbes quote of the week: "I think we'd know normal if we saw it."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your previous article is at http://tracypress.com/content/view/7240/2241/

written 1-20-07 a few days before the count.